As a Sustainability Consultant with Guidon Design, you will work with a design team to integrate holistic sustainability practices into the firm’s design/construction projects. Evaluate and develop sustainability frameworks for large commercial client systems. Work as a liaison between the owner, contractor and the design team to implement sustainability rating/code-based systems to include: LEED, WELL, ASHRAE 189.3, EnergyStar, Envelop, Living Building Challenge and others. Track progress on implementation of client’s sustainability goals. Work to educate/mentor/promote sustainability within the company.
Guidon Design is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Led by veterans who understand how to listen and collaborate, the firm was founded by Luke Leising—licensed architect and engineer, Combat Engineer Army Officer, qualified Ranger, and service-connected disabled veteran. We are proud of our history of employing veterans and of supporting veteran causes.
We are known for our sustainable designs and focus on healthcare and high-profile governmental projects. We offer an energetic, young, and growing work environment with unlimited potential. As multidisciplinary designers, we collaborate to develop creative, cost-effective, and sustainable solutions that help realize our clients’ goals. Typical projects include healthcare, government, housing, federal and education facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in discipline from accredited institution or significant relevant work
- Minimum of two years of experience in an environmentally focused role
- LEED GA, LEED AP, WELL AP or other Sustainable Accreditation Preferred
- While a license in architecture, engineering and/or interior design registration is not required
- Sustainability expert supporting design teams on new building and renovation designsC
- Evaluation of sustainability rating systems and system-wide sustainability
- Supporting a team of in-house and out-of-house architects and engineers through the design process.
- Narrative and report writing to explain the sustainable design elements of our project
- Create, communicate, implement, and manage sustainable design solutions
- Coordination within a multi-disciplinary project
Skills / Qualities:
- Broad understanding and experience with design and office related computer software and operating systems. A high level of proficiency required in discipline specific
- Strong experience working within the range of sustainability rating
- Knowledge of construction documentation process and integration of sustainable principles into the design and construction of
- Proactive and assertive in problem solving
- Experience managing parallel assignments
- Good written, oral communications, staff management and client relationship skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive to exceed client
- A desire to personally grow and to help the company grow its staff in implementation of sustainable design
- Experience in healthcare related projects a
- Average/Overall Project Profitability
- Managed Project Volume
- Meeting Client Schedules (on time submittals)
- Client Satisfaction
- Quality Deliverables
Professional Development, Technical Education & Training:
- Establish annual education and training plans and goals for
- Meet or exceed professional standards of work
- Actively pursue personal continuing education
- Act as a teacher/mentor in the area of
Guidon Design is a growing 60+ person Architecture and Engineering firm located in Indianapolis that offers an energetic and dynamic work environment with growth potential. As multidisciplinary designers, we collaborate to develop creative, cost-effective, and sustainable solutions that help realize our clients’ goals. The firm focuses on the architectural design of commercial projects with a focus on healthcare (inpatient & outpatient), life-science, government workplace, housing, federal and education facilities. The firm has a dedicated focus to designing sustainably minded projects and has showcased that by its LEED Platinum office located at Pennsylvania and 12th. Guidon is committed to our staff’s growth in the industry, and training will be provided to successful candidates along with a benefits package that includes healthcare and a 401k.
Guidon Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a work environment in which all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Applicants can submit a formal resume/portfolio to: email@example.com.