Guidon Design is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Led by veterans who understand how to listen and collaborate, the firm was founded by Luke Leising—licensed architect and engineer, Combat Engineer Army Officer, qualified Ranger, and service-connected disabled veteran. We are proud of our history of employing veterans and of supporting veteran causes.
Guidon Design is a dynamic +50 person A/E firm located in Indianapolis. We are known for our sustainable designs and focus on healthcare and high-profile governmental projects. We offer an energetic, young, and growing work environment with unlimited potential. As multidisciplinary designers, we collaborate to develop creative, cost-effective, and sustainable solutions that help realize our clients’ goals. Typical projects include healthcare, government, housing, federal and education facilities.
Manages the MEP group and functions in support of the firm’s long-range goals. Ensures schedules are met and that various aspects of MEP engineer are accurate and delivered in a timely manner. Oversees group staff workload and makes sure they have the requisite training and resources required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution
- Professional Licensure within discipline
- Expert experience in their field
- Possess 15+ years of experience in their discipline
Skills / Qualities:
- Extensive experience working within professional services firm
- Ability to mentor, provide guidance and be a technical educator for Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & IT design staff
- Broad understanding and experience with design and office related computer design software and energy modelling software.
- Comfortable with designing and overseeing a broad range of MEP project types
- Proactive and assertive in problem solving
- Experience managing parallel assignments and multi-tasking.
- Good written, oral communications, staff management and client relationship skills
- Comfortable in making group presentations
- Act as a leader to assigned MEP team and whole company
- Create, communicate, implement, and manage design solutions
- Familiarity and experience working with applicable codes, rules and AHJs
Position Actions: Firm Leadership/Strategy/Planning 15%
Team Leadership / Mentoring 15%
Managing Projects / Leading Design 70%
Utilization Goal: 65%
- Assign your team’s staff and work with other Project Managers to coordinate resource needs.
- Supporting project managers as part of the design process.
- Ensure all project MEP design needs are met and within established budget
- Assist with quality control and risk management
- Attend client meetings and design review meetings.
- Develop construction documents and design details.
- Coordination within a multi-disciplinary project team.
- On-site construction administration and site inspection visits to assess the quality of the work.
- Implement a staff training/development plan for assigned team. Provide or assign staff technical mentors to further technical knowledge.
- Support the company’s business development and sales needs as requested.
Professional Development, Technical Education & Training
- Establish annual education and Professional Development plans and goals for self and subordinates.
- Meet or exceed professional standards of work
- Maintain a technical expertise in your profession and area of work
- Actively pursue personal continuing education
- Remain current with new products and tools that will assist you in better meeting our client’s needs
- Achieve or exceed groups profitability goals
- Work within established project budgets
- Manage project budgets, invoices, and revenue recognition
- Provide marketing and business development support as required, including proposal input and participation in select client interviews.
- Participate in the marketing of Guidon’s services to existing and new clients
- Look for opportunities to add to and upsell Guidon services with our clients
- Maintain important client relationships
Applicants can submit a formal resume/portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.