Guidon Design is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Led by veterans who understand how to listen and collaborate, the firm was founded by Luke Leising—licensed architect and engineer, Combat Engineer Army Officer, qualified Ranger, and service-connected disabled veteran. We are proud of our history of employing veterans and of supporting veteran causes.
Guidon Design is a dynamic +50 person A/E firm located in Indianapolis. We are known for our sustainable designs and focus on healthcare and high-profile governmental projects. We offer an energetic, young, and growing work environment with unlimited potential. As multidisciplinary designers, we collaborate to develop creative, cost-effective, and sustainable solutions that help realize our clients’ goals. Typical projects include healthcare, government, housing, federal and education facilities.
As a Interior Designer with Guidon Design, you will help plan and design the interior design of commercial projects. You will need experience in Revit, be able to put together a high-quality set of construction documents and have a technical excellence in all areas of interior design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
- Progressing toward licensure/registration
- Conceptually working to design new building and renovation designs
- Supporting architects and engineers as part of the design process
- Attend client meetings and design review meetings
- Develop construction documents and design details
- On-site construction administration and site inspection visits to assess the quality of the work
- Coordination within a multi-disciplinary project team
- Strong experience working in Revit
- Detailed understanding of other computer applications used in a professional design office such as Photoshop, AutoCAD, Sketchup
- Ability to put together a high- quality set of construction documents for commercial buildings
- Technical excellence in all areas of interior design, with an emphasis on healthcare projects.
- Proactive and assertive in problem solving
- Experience managing parallel assignments
- Good written, oral communications, staff management and client relationship skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive to exceed client expectations
- A desire to personally grow professionally and work toward licensure
- Experience in healthcare related projects a plus
- LEED accreditation or ability to earn strongly desired
- Solve problems proactively
- Follow-up on commitments
- Be willing to do small/large tasks
- Work accurately
- Develop technical skills and learn from past projects
Professional Development, Technical Education and Training:
- Establish annual education and training plans and goals for self
- Meet or exceed professional standards of work
- Actively pursue personal continuing education
Applicants can submit a formal resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.