This position will be responsible for the planning, designing, engineering, drafting, and modeling of electrical construction documents within the building construction industry. Project types will include building renovation/expansions and new multi-story buildings for primarily healthcare, life science projects as well as corporate, parking garages, municipal, and community-based projects.
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology (or similar degree) from accredited institution.
- Four or more years as an electrical designer with four years minimum in an electrical design position.
- Working toward or have completed licensure as a BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Responsible for the design of lighting, power distribution, emergency power, life safety, telecommunications infrastructure, and special communications and signal systems such as fire alarm, closed circuit television, security, and sound systems.
- Preparing drawings for competitive bid, verifying electrical building code compliance, reviewing shop drawing submittals, interfacing with clients during the design process, and construction and construction administration duties as assigned.
- Support Team Leaders, Project Managers, Designers, and Engineers with Construction Drawing development.
- Coordination within a multi-disciplinary and multi-departmental project team.
- Experience generating electrical specifications.
- Experience with Construction Administration procedures and activities.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes and standards.
- Proactive and assertive in problem solving, works well with teams.
- Willing to manage parallel assignments and multi-task when and where appropriate.
- Strong work ethic and a drive to exceed project and discipline expectations.
- Possess familiarity with the design of electrical systems
- Plan, focus, and complete tasks at hand.
- Lighting design software, such as Visual or AGI32
- 3D modeling software, such as Revit, with an emphasis in electrical
- Microsoft based programs, such as Word, Excel, Teams, etc.
Guidon Design is a growing 60+ person Architecture and Engineering firm located in Indianapolis that offers an energetic and dynamic work environment with growth potential. As multidisciplinary designers, we collaborate to develop creative, cost-effective, and sustainable solutions that help realize our clients’ goals. The firm focuses on the architectural design of commercial projects with a focus on healthcare (inpatient & outpatient), life-science, government workplace, housing, federal and education facilities. The firm has a dedicated focus to designing sustainably minded projects and has showcased that by its LEED Platinum office located at Pennsylvania and 12th. Guidon is committed to our staff’s growth in the industry, and training will be provided to successful candidates along with a benefits package that includes healthcare and a 401k.
Guidon Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a work environment in which all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Applicants can submit a formal resume/portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.